Sunday, March 8, 2015

Airfix LVT IV - Work-in-Progress

I've been on a bit of a building spree lately, and over the weekend finished building these 2 ancient Airfix kits:


I've "chunkified" the Airfix 20mm Polsten gun as it looked a bit lame, so I used some photos of the Milicast Polsten as a guide and used various Evergreen plastic rods and beam to make it look a bit better - in a wargaming sense - not an accuracy sense.  I also added 2 x PSC .30 cal brownings to that LVT, so it has the right weaponry of Battlegroup: Fall of the Reich. FoTR provides for 2 different British LVT's, so I decided to make the other one - so I've added 2 x PSC .50 cals with plastic card gun shields.

Nothing to tricky, but within my limited skill set.

So they are now basically ready for painting.  It will be interesting to see how they perform in a game - other than having massive targets painted on them - as they hold a load of infantry

Thanks

Richard


No comments:

Post a Comment